Luxury Gifts for those who want something extra special and quite unique. Here we have grade 1 pure Ghaenat saffron infused in pure British honey.
Saffron is the spice derived from the flower of the Crocus Sativus. The stigmas, or threads, of the crocuses are collected, dried then used as a premium seasoning. Saffron is amongst the world’s most sought after and expensive spices.
We use only pure saffron filament tips for the infusion. This is the stigma tips of the crocus flower where the highest concentration of saffron active chemicals like crocin, picocrocin and safranal are found, adding to the strength and depth of both the flavour and colour characteristics.
Persian Saffron is some of the finest in the world and known for being consistently of high quality and unadulterated and goes well paired with our pure British honey
Saffron has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, each jar contains only red stigmas from at least 75 saffron flowers.
Composition of Saffron
Saffron contains more than 150 volatile and aroma-yielding compounds, mainly terpenes, terpene alcohol, and their esters. The characteristic components of saffron are:
· crocin -(responsible for the color),
· picrocrocin– (responsible for the taste),
· safranal– (responsible for aroma ).
other components include ,
– An antioxidant 3,8-dihydroxy-1-methylanthroquinone-2-carboxylic, claimed to be superior to vitamin E in its inhibition of oxidation of linoleic acid, isolated from callus stem tissue of saffron.
– Flavonoids, such as rutin, quercetin, luteolin, hesperidin, and bioflavonoids.
– Volatile and non-volatile components.
– Vitamins (rich in Vitamin B) and dietary minerals