Honey Harvesting at Home - Half Day WorkshopWhether you're new to beekeeping or want to tidy up your honey harvesting; make it more efficient or less messy, we'll show you how with our special Honey Harvesting at Home Workshop, in response to your requests for help!
Cost:£65.00 per person
About this experience
Whether you're new to beekeeping or want to tidy up your honey harvesting; make it more efficient or less messy, we'll show you how with our special Honey Harvesting at Home Workshop, in response to your requests for help!
Get an exclusive 'behind the scenes' look into our honey barn to see how we process several tonnes of honey each year, with an explanation of the function of the various pieces of equipment we use. With your new knowledge of what goes into processing honey, we'll explain how to achieve the same thing on a budget (and even for free!) at home...
This special half day workshop is run here on our organic farm just 4 minutes from Market Deeping and 18 minutes from Peterborough train station in Lincolnshire.
It'll be a relaxed, fun and informative day covering:
- Efficient and safe methods for harvesting your honey, from hive to jar, with plenty of top tips to get the best crop!
- The legal side of processing and selling honey to keep you and your customers safe (and out of the Tower of London).
- The various methods of processing and storing honey.
- How to use a fractometer and why it's essential.
- The pros and cons of the many different types of equipment available, from heated uncapping knives to comb cutters and how to extract honey entirely for free at home with no specialist equipment!
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and be hands-on with a variety of different types of equipment
- A special honey tasting session (different to our experience day tasting) to demonstrate how the different processing methods can change the flavour and texture of honey
OUR EXPERIENCE DAYS ARE ALL-INCLUSIVE
We'll provide you with everything you need, including unlimited refreshments and resources for you to take home. All delegates will be required to sign a declaration in order to partake in the day’s activities.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We are actively trying to help the environment and so all workshop confirmations and supporting information will be emailed to you. We will also email a reminder to you the week before the workshop with all the details and directions to the farm.
HELP US TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT:
If you're able to car share, use public transport (we're just 18 minutes from Peterborough and Stamford train stations), cycle or have an electric car, please do.
PLACES ARE LIMITED TO JUST 8 PEOPLE FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Jez heads up Bees & Co. from our small, award-winning farm on the Lincolnshire-Cambridgeshire border. Keeping bees for some of the most iconic brands in Britain, Jez and his team care for bees and provide honey to hotels, restaurants, stately homes and businesses across the UK. Having learnt from some of the most widely-respected and experienced bee farmers and bee keepers, Jez is an ethical, artisan beekeeper, passionate about encouraging more people to discover the exciting and beneficial hobby of keeping bees. Currently completing Master Beekeeper studies with Cornell University, he is also co-lead on a native British bee breeding programme and invited to talk worldwide on honeybees and beekeeping.